Sagamore Spirit is seeking a highly motivated, reliable Guest Experience Associate who is a confident, professional teammate. This role requires high energy, and a good understanding of customer service and a retail sales environment. Associates will be responsible for leading guided tours of the Distillery Building, Processing Building, and Tasting Rooms, as well as assisting with tour check-in and retail sales. Associates are expected to provide an impeccable level of hospitality to all guests throughout their Sagamore Spirit experience. With this highly interactive role, the right candidate will be great with people, extremely organized, proactive, hardworking, and have the desire to make a difference within the team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Include but are not limited to the following:
- Motivates and inspires team to create a positive environment while delivering the best visitor experience.
- Drives and maintains high standards throughout the Welcome Center and tour experience while ensuring the integrity of the brand.
- Responds accurately to consumer’s inquiries/complaints ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Ensues all standard operating procedures and policies are followed.
- Ensuring that the service, hospitality, and experience of our visitors is second to none.
- Public speaking in front of small and large groups.
- Ensure tasting rooms and welcome center are neat at all times.
- Facilitate and promote good communication between all departments (lead Tour guides, Management Team, Marketing etc)
- Keep a consistent level of excellence when it comes to safety and legal requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must perform each essential duty with passion and poise expected of every Sagamore Spirit teammate. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Analytical – Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer needs; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments ensures excellent visitor engagement.
- Oral Communication – The individual speaks clearly and persuasively in a positive or negative situation, demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Customer Service- Responds promptly to customer needs; responds to request for service and assistance; meets commitments ensures excellent visitor engagement.
- Interpersonal Skills – Maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting. Strong communication skills. Establishing time management, prioritization and organization skills.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments; understands and respects the importance of confidentiality
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments.
- Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule due to the needs of the business and on weekends and holidays.
Education, Experience, & Qualifications
- Over the age of 21.
- Frequent walking, climbing stairs, and operating cash register.
- Hospitality and/or customer service experience
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to relate to people at all levels.
- Confident multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to lift 20 – 30 pounds, requires a large amount of walking and possible long and unusual hours
- Asset with accessibility service needs.
- Must be able to travel, if necessary.
- Attention to detail and ability to execute tasks with accuracy and professionalism.
- Exceptional Team player with excellent interpersonal skills
It is the policy of Sagamore Spirit to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Sagamore Spirits’ goal is to increase representation of women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities. Sagamore Spirit also welcomes applications from returning citizens. Background checks are not conducted until the time of hire, and interactions with the criminal justice system are evaluated on a case-by-case basis are not necessarily disqualifying for employment.
To apply for this career opportunity, please submit the form below with your name, your email address, and your resume.