Location | Sagamore Spirit- 301 E Cromwell Street
Type | Full-time – Exempt, Permanent
Supervisor | Kevin Smolenski – Maintenance Manager
Benefits | Comprehensive benefits package offered with 16 days PTO provided.
The Porter reports to the Maintenance Manager and is responsible for day-to-day maintenance and custodial activities throughout the distillery. We are looking for a highly motivated individual with a diverse skill set who can work well in a team environment.
- Building Repairs and Maintenance – Painting, lighting, floor/carpet cleaning, trash disposal for mechanical rooms, general cleaning of bathrooms, kitchens, work areas.
- HVAC – Clean and replace air filters,
- Furniture and Accessories – Relocation of furniture, desk, file cabinets and other office equipment, install or remove office items.
- Meeting/Events – Room set-up including room/office furniture configuration.
- Plumbing – replace water fountain filters, installing seats, unclog drains.
- Relocations – move equipment, boxes, office equipment within same building or to another site.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
- Compliance with all company’s safety policies/procedures in compliance with OSHA.
- Demonstrate role model behavior for safety, integrity and ethical standards.
- Maintain high standards of workplace organization.
- Conduct daily audits to ensure completion of scope of work and promote continuous improvement.
- Maintain a clean tour route and retail space.
- Measure standards to ensure performance to goals and objectives.
- 2-3 years of maintenance experience in a commercial environment
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Reliable transportation
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the key actions of job.
- Employee required to talk and/or hear in a commercial setting.
- Required to stand and walk for entire shift.
- May be required to kneel, climb, lay down and reach with hands and arms.
- Lifting requirements – up to 50 lbs.
- Vision requirements: close, distance, peripheral vision, and depth perception
- While performing duties the employee may be exposed to: Moving mechanical parts
- Noise levels moderate to loud
- Non-climate controlled environment
- Employee may be required to work above ground level or in small work areas
Entrepreneurial spirit and work ethic combined with a pragmatically optimistic can-do attitude. Takes pride in producing a high quality product, doing the work to get it right, and the endless pursuit of continuous improvement.
To apply for this career opportunity, please submit the form below with your name, your email address, and your resume.