Location | Plank Industries Headquarters- 1030 Hull Street, Baltimore, MD
The Staff Accountant position will be responsible for providing the Controller with the necessary financial information to maintain and reconcile the ledgers of a multi company environment and preparing monthly executive reports. Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and consolidations is preferred.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Include but are not limited to the following:
- Prepares, records, and analyzes financial transactions for all balance sheet and income statement accounts for both operating and holding companies.
- Conduct month end close activities to include the preparation and review of: account reconciliations, journal entries, accrual schedules, variance analysis, and internal financial statements and monthly reporting package. Ensure compliance with GAAP.
- Prepare and effectively communicate financial statement fluctuations, both balance sheet and income statement as it relates to prior year, budget and forecast, identifying root causes for variances and resolution of issues.
- Prepare and review various month end close reports, financial statements and analysis in order to validate the accuracy of the financial information, including but not limited to documenting results for submission to management and external auditors.
- Responsible for financial reporting systems and procedures, working to improve processes through existing software and software enhancements. Identify and implement ways to promote efficiency within the company’s financial reporting process.
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis, as assigned (including but not limited to, cash forecasts, budgets, and consolidations)
Education, Experience, & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- CPA certification or CPA candidate desired
- Knowledge of database languages (SQL)
- Proficient in Excel and PC skills
- Exceptional knowledge of accounting principles
- Experience with enterprise level accounting systems including GL, AP, AR, fixed assets and billing (SAP experience preferred)
- Strong communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Well organized with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
To apply for this career opportunity, please submit the form below with your name, your email address, and your resume.