EFFECTIVE DATE: April 11, 2016
Information that We Collect
Through your use of our Site, we may collect PII, which is information that identifies an individual or relates to an identifiable individual. PII may include, but is not limited to, your first and last name, email address, and phone number. We collect the following types of information:
Information Provided by You
We collect PII from you on a voluntary basis. We do not require you to provide PII in order to use our Site. If you fill out the “Contact Us” web form on our Site or choose to sign up for our newsletter we will collect certain PII from you, including contact information (such as name and email), which we will use to contact you. If you choose to send us a message with information about yourself, we will maintain records of your correspondence. This may include any of your questions, comments, or suggestions.
We may also collect any of the PII that you choose to share by communicating with us through our social media.
Device and Usage Information
We may automatically collect the following types of information as you use our Site.
- Usage Information: We collect certain information automatically through your use of the Site, such as which of the pages on our Site that you access, the frequency of access, and what you click on while on our Site.
- Location Information: We may collect information about your actual location which may be determined from: IP address, GPS, and other sensors that may reveal information on nearby devices, Wi-Fi access points, and cell towers.
- Device Information: We may collect information about the device you are using such as: hardware model, operating system, application version number, browser, and IP addresses.
- Mobile Device Information: In addition to the Device Information listed above, when you access our Site via a browser on your mobile device or through the use of our mobile application, we may also collect mobile network information including telephone number, the unique device identifier assigned to that device, mobile carrier, operating system, and other device attributes.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user’s computer for record-keeping purposes.
- Session Cookies: We use session cookies to make it easier for you to navigate our Site. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser.
- Persistent Cookies: We use persistent cookies that remain on your hard drive for an extended period of time. We set a persistent cookie to store information about your preferences, so you don’t have to enter it more than once. Persistent cookies also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our Site. You can remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your Internet browser’s “help” file.
If you reject cookies, you may still use our Site, but your ability to use some areas of our Site may be limited.
We use a software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. web beacons/web bugs) that help us better manage content on our Site by informing us what content is most effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of website users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on websites and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence.
We may also use other website or mobile tracking technologies, such as pixeling, retargeting, or 1st or 3rd party tracking, to identify you and keep track of your preferences, prevent fraudulent activity or improve Site security, assess the performance of the Site, and deliver content to you based on your interests on our Site and third-party websites.
Statistical or aggregated information does not directly identify you or any specific person, but it may be derived from your PII. For example, we may aggregate PII to calculate the percentage of users in a particular ZIP code.
Third Party Data Collection
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. Some of these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used for targeted advertising.
How We Use and Share Information
We use PII we collect in the following ways:
- Communicate: We use PII to personalize our communications, advertising, and content to communicate with you about our Site and activities related to Port Covington.
- Newsletter Communication: We may occasionally send you information that we believe will be of interest to you. During any such email communication, we will provide you with the option not to receive any future marketing emails. There is an “unsubscribe” process detailed at the bottom of every email, or you can contact us to be removed from our email list.
- Specific Purposes: You may be asked to provide information for a specific purpose. For example, if you would like to receive our newsletter, you will be asked for your contact information.
- Customer Support: We may use your PII to provide you support or other services you request. For example, we may need your information in order to provide technical support or answer questions about our Site.
- Post Testimonials: If you choose to tell us your story or otherwise give a testimonial, we may post such testimonial on our Site or social media channels, along with your name and any other PII that you choose to disclose. Where reasonable, we will use your first name and last initial, as well as neighborhood or general area, but will not post your address or phone number.
- Site Maintenance: We analyze how our users interact with our Site in order to maintain and improve our Site. We also use information that we collect to diagnose any problems with our Site to improve the user experience.
We reserve the right to share information, including PII, with third parties, as described below:
- Service Providers: We may share information with service providers that help us perform Site functions and process your transactions.
- Affiliates: We may share information with a parent company, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us.
- Corporate Structure: We may share information in connection with a merger, acquisition, consolidation, change of control, or sale of all or a portion of our assets or if we undergo bankruptcy or liquidation.
- To Prevent Harm: We may share information if we believe it is necessary in order to detect, investigate, prevent, or take action against illegal activities, fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the rights, property, or personal safety of any person.
- As Required by Law: We will share information where we are legally required to do so, such as in response to court orders or legal process, to establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights, to defend against legal claims or demands, or to comply with the requirements of any mandatory applicable law.
- With your Consent: We may request your permission to share your PII for a specific purpose. We will notify you and request consent before you provide the PII or before the PII you have already provided is shared for such purpose.
If your PII changes, you may correct or update your PII by contacting us at: email@example.com
The security of your PII is important to us. We maintain reasonable physical, technical, and administrative security measures to protect and limit access to your PII. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your PII, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to Other Websites
The Site may contain links to third party websites that are not owned or controlled by Sagamore, such as social media websites. We have no control over the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party website. You are subject to the policies of those third party websites where applicable. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of these third party websites before you disclose your PII.
Our Site is not intended for use by children. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 years. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with PII, we take immediate steps to delete such PII.
This is a United States-based Site that is subject to U.S. law. This Site is controlled, operated, and administered by Sagamore from its offices within the U.S. If you are accessing this Site from a location outside the U.S., you hereby agree that your use of this Site and our collection and use of your PII is subject to this Policy.
Updates to this Policy
We reserve the right to modify this Policy at any time, so please review it frequently. If we decide to make material changes to this Policy, we will post those changes to this Site in a manner that we deem is appropriate so that you are aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it. Any modifications to this Policy will go into immediate effect after they have been posted. You agree to these future updates by continuing to use our Site after they have been posted.
Contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org